ON-DEMAND, SELF-PACED, 18 CPE CREDITS, This course will walk you through setting up your own penetration testing lab.
The access to this course is restricted to eForensics Premium or IT Pack Premium Subscription
18 CPE credits
Build your own PenTest lab – we mean it! With this course, you decide on your configuration! Want to scan BeeBox with Kali using VMPlayer? Great, here’s a step-by-step. Feel more like scanning Metasploitable with Ubuntu running on VirtualBox? That’s here too. Mix and match, or get all of them, your choice.
- The course is self-paced – you can visit the training whenever you want and your content will be there.
- 18 CPE points
- Once you’re in, you keep access forever, even when you finish the course.
- There are no deadlines, except for the ones you set for yourself.
- We designed the course so that a diligent student will need about 18 hours of work to complete the training.
- Your time will be filled with reading, videos, and exercises.
Pre-Course Materials – FREE!
- Why Do I Need a Pen Test Lab
- Creating Directory Structure For the Course
- Download Virtual Images
- Acquire Nessus Licenses
Module 1 The Build
- Some Basic Linux Commands You Need to Know
- Installation of VMPlayer and Virtual Box. You Decide, We Will Cover Both.
- Setup of Our Penetration Testing System – Kali Linux Distribution
- Setup a Linux Client as a Virtual Machine
- Setup Our First Vulnerable Machine Metasploitable2
- Setup Our Second Vulnerable Machine Bee-box (BWAMP)
- Overview of Virtual Machine Settings
- Run the Basic Linux commands
- Upgrade Kali Linux Distribution
Module 2 Port Scanning
- Nmap and Zenmap Installation
- Nmap Basic Scanning
- ZenMap Basic Scanning
- db_map Scanning
- Run Nmap Scans against Ubuntu
- Run Zenmap Scans Against Metasploitable2
- Run db_map Scans Against Host
Module 3 Vulnerability Scans
- Installation Nessus Vulnerability Scanner Windows
- Installation Nessus Vulnerability Scanner Kali Linux
- Installation Nessus Vulnerability Scanner Ubuntu
- Basic Nessus Scanning Metasploitable2
- Basic Nessus Scanning Bee-box
- Run a Nessus Scan Against Metasploitable2
- Run a Nessus Scan Against Bee-Box (BWAMP)
- Run a Nessus Scan Against Ubuntu
Module 4 Advanced Scanning and Reporting
- Nessus Advanced Scans
- Nmap Advanced Scans
- Metasploit Reporting
- Review Other Resources Available to You…
- Where Do I Get Virtual Machines
- Create a Metasploit Report Combining Nessus and Dnmap Scans
- Run an Advanced Nessus Scan Against Metasploitable 2
- Run an Advanced Netsparker Scan Against Bee-Box (BWAMP)
Paul Janes, CISSP, GIAC – GISP, is an Information Security Analyst at Corning Incorporated with over 19 years of experience in IT Security, (DLP) Data Loss Prevention, Project Management and Server Management. Most recently, he has been involved in creating his own ethical hacking lab and enhancing his skills as an ethical hacker.
- Capella University, Minneapolis, MN, Master of Science degree in Information Assurance, Jne 2012, Graduated with Distinction
- Syracuse University, NY, Bachelor of Science in Computer and Information Studies, June 1991
- Officers Basic Course, FT Gordon, GA
- Signal Corps Officer training, June 1990
- Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking, SANS
- CISSPBootcamp, SANS
- Implementing and Auditing the Twenty Critical Security Controls –In Depth, SANS
- Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling, SANS
- Mobile Device Security, SANS
- Metasploit Training, Eforensics
- Data Loss Prevention, Symantec
- Insider Threat, CERT
- Building Effective Intercultural Relationships, Corning Incorporated
Profesional Certifications: CISSP, GIAC GISP
If you have any questions, drop us a line:
Reach our Training Coordinator Marta Strzelec at [email protected]