In this video from our Shodan, IoT, and OSINT blast course your instructor, Maciej Makowski, will show you how to use Shodan in the CLI. While Shodan's GUI offers great options to play with, sometimes you have to go a different route for best results. Dive in!
The course will focus on finding security vulnerabilities in the Internet of Things online devices using Shodan. This workshop will be especially useful for those who want to learn more about OSINT, cybersecurity, and technology in general.
Topics discussed in this course:
- Shodan interface
- Shodan results export options
- Searching for IoT devices by location - Shodan Maps
- Shodan Exploits section
- Searching with image files (e.g. static login pages)
- Shodan internals - searching for VNC banners
- Search filters with practical examples
- Refining searches for best results
- IoT practical search examples
- Searching for ICS devices in Shodan
- Understanding proxy and VPN impact on Shodan for privacy and security
- Shodan in the CLI
- Defending from Shodan
- Shodan hands-on tips and tricks
Practical exercises and knowledge checks are included in the course, all participants must pass them to receive a certificate.
What skills will you gain?
- Search for IoT devices on Shodan using various methods
- Identify vulnerable IoT devices
- Search for exploits for IoT
- Use Shodan through GUI and CLI
- Perform OSINT tasks
- Search for ICS devices on Shodan
- Hide your devices from Shodan searches
What will you learn about?
- How to use Shodan for searching IoT device landscape
- The current state of IoT devices detectable by Shodan
- Various privacy and OSINT techniques on Shodan
- Proxy and VPN impact on Shodan results
Why THIS course?
This course will give you practical, hands-on exposure to vulnerability hunting specific to IoT as well as some digital intelligence gathering techniques. Focused on the topics of OSINT and IoT, it’s quick and can be done in an hour - but you will be able to put your new knowledge to the test in the real world right after you finish. If you were looking for a self-contained tutorial on OSINT, Shodan, IoT, or all of the above, this is the perfect course for you!