The access to this course is restricted to eForensics Premium or IT Pack Premium Subscription
18 CPE credits, Self-paced
- The course is self-paced – you can visit the training whenever you want and your content will be there.
- Once you’re in, you keep access forever, even when you finish the course.
- There are no deadlines, except for the ones you set for yourself.
- We designed the course so that a diligent student will need about 18 hours of work to complete the training.
You will learn how to conduct digital investigations of smartphones in the context of realistic scenarios, with specialized forensic methods and instruments, guided by a professional forensics examiner of Italian Law Enforcement. The usefulness of smartphones as a source of information in any investigation should never be underestimated, because they contain details of who was doing what, where and when. Methods and specific tools are necessary to acquire and analyze data from smartphones, such as communications, media files, malware and spy software as well as the information of the geographical position. Advanced Smartphone Forensics is the fundamental training for you to become a digital investigator able to leverage the knowledge and tools derived from smartphones as evidence.
“Introduction to Mobile Forensics” introduces you to the concept of mobile forensics, file system and architecture of the mobile devices.
You will go through Apple iOS and Android Forensics Overview and learn:
- iOS and Android Architecture and Components
- iOS and Android File Systems
- Malware on iOS and Android
“Data Acquisition from iOS, Android Devices” provides you an overview of the various types of forensic acquisition methods that can be performed on various mobile devices
You will learn iOS and Android Forensic Acquisition so in practice:
- Practical Guidelines for Acquiring iOS and Android Devices
- Logical Acquisition
- File System and Pseudo-physical Acquisition
- Overview and guided use of software acquisition and forensic analysis, commercial and open source ex. Oxygen Forensics Suite, Accessdata MPE, Ufed Physical Analyzer, The Sleuth Kit Autopsy Browser and more.
“iOS and Android Data Analysis” explains you the possibilities and limitations for data analysis on smartphone devices
You will learn iOS and Android Forensic Analysis so practical skills in:
- File System Forensics on iOS and Android Devices
- Bypassing Locked iOS and Android Devices
- Obtaining Unlock Information Android
- Evidence and Artifacts Locations
- Keyword Searching
“Backup Forensics” explains you how to recover digital evidence from a backup Android and iOS
You will learn iOS Backup Forensics so in practice:
- Forensic Value of iOS Backups
- Obtain, Extract and Examining Backups iOS and Android
“Artifacts and User Activity Analysis” explains you how to extract and use artifacts and user suspicious activities.
You will learn Forensic Examination Overview on iOS and Android Devices so for example:
- Deep analysis of the data structure
- Calls, Contacts and Calendar
- Geolocation Information
- E-mail and Web Browsing
“Forensic Examination iOS and Android Application” explains you the reconstruction of the information on the various installed applications, multimedia, social networks, malware and other important digital evidence.
You will master Forensic Examination iOS and Android Application and learn:
- Social Networking Applications
- iOS iCloud Backup
- Generating Timelines
- Exif and reconstruction geolocation information
- Malware Analysis
- Generating Link Diagrams and other
- Recover deleted Media on iOS and Android Devices
About the Instructor
Dr. Fabio MASSA, Digital Forensics Examiner of the “Arma dei Carabinieri” (Italian Law Enforcement) has over 20 years of digital forensics, information technology and investigative law enforcement experience. Vice President of the National Association of Lawyers and Computer Forensics Examiner (ANGIF) has acquired numerous certification in computer and mobile forensics, is a professor at many Italian universities, seminars, training courses for police officers and IT companies. Editor Member of www.sicurezzaegiustizia.com and other journals and magazines.
- Ufed Physical pro certified Examiner
- Accessdata Certified Examiner
- Accessdata Mobile Certified Examiner
- Accessdata Academic Trainer
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- Certified Hacker Forensic Investigator
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].
Overall i thought it was a good course. Good information.
I felt that the questions on the practical were worded very vaguely. I had to ask the professors what they were
looking for. We used a tool that i have never used before and they introduced a “timeline” in a question.. and after contacting the company
the tool doesn’t support that. But, other than that.. it was a good course and lots of information!