In this video from our Analyzing Malicious Documents course we learn how to set up YARA to detect malicious documents. No theory here, pure practice - you can follow along with the video and learn a new skill. Dive in!
About the course:
Word documents, PDFs, photos, and other types of files that are infected with viruses endanger the security of your system every day and cause more computers to be infected. By observing this training course, you will learn how to identify and eliminate the malware that maliciously interact with your files.
What will you learn?
- Gain knowledge of malware and cyber attacks
- MS Office and PDF document structure
- Related malware analysis terminologies
- Performing static analysis
- Performing dynamic and runtime analysis
- Conduct a deep analysis of malicious documents to detect their behavior and command and control server
What skills will you gain?
- How to analyze malware, with strong focus on suspicious documents
- Tools: exiftools, oleid, YARA, Malscanner, Offevis, Olevba, ViperMonkey, PDFid, PDFinfo, PDF-parser, AnalyzePDF, PDFExtract, PeePDF, Origami, PDFStreamDumper, Pyew, Malzilla, AntiVM, Anti-sandbox, Crypter, LazyOffice, and others.
What will you need?
- A PC or laptop with virtualization environment
What should you know before you join?
- Basic knowledge of security
- Basic knowledge and experience of Linux
About your instructor: Ali Abdollahi
I’m Ali Abdollahi. I’m a network and cyber security consultant. I have experience in carrier-grade networks and security technology. I‘ve worked in telecom and enterprise companies to secure and optimize their infrastructure and services. I have also done many projects on penetration testing and malware analysis in other sectors.
- The course is self-paced – you can visit the training whenever you want and your content will be there.
- Once you’re in, you keep access forever, even when you finish the course.
- There are no deadlines, except for the ones you set for yourself.
- We designed the course so that a diligent student will need about 12 hours of work to complete the training.
- The course contains video and text materials, accompanied by practical labs and exercises.
[custom-related-posts title="Related content:" none_text="None found" order_by="title" order="ASC"]
- BlogApril 7, 2022Detecting Fake Images via Noise Analysis | Forensics Tutorial [FREE COURSE CONTENT]
- BlogMarch 2, 2022Windows File System | Windows Forensics Tutorial [FREE COURSE CONTENT]
- BlogAugust 17, 2021PowerShell in forensics - suitable cases [FREE COURSE CONTENT]
- OpenMay 20, 2021Photographic Evidence and Photographic Evidence Tampering